Ferro Cosmetics's Fan Box

Ferro Cosmetics on Facebook

Pages

Apr 21, 2009

The Cat’s Away, Time for All the Mice to Play

Krissy Ferro

Usually when the teacher today is a substitute, the parents are gone for the weekend, or the boss is out of town, everyone is usually
1. Screaming “YAY!”
2. Excited about doing less work (or homework)
3. Feeling relief that the prying eyes of the bossman (or bosslady) have offered a temporary reprieve.
But in the case of the Team at Ferro Cosmetics, PLAY has taken on a new meaning, and it’s pretty Fabulous actually.

Myself, or the Cat in this instance, will be away for the entire week, something I’ve yet to do since the birth of Ferro Cosmetics, and even before it had a name. It’s a trip that I’m excited to take, because I always try to mix in fun in all my business trips, which usually is not hard! This month however has been a very busy month, and adding TWO out of town trips makes things even crazier! Earlier this month, I was in Miami (aww darn right?) sponsoring the fabulous talent and hosts of GIRL’S NIGHT OUT TV, where we also filmed a segment on how to use Ferro Cosmetics Mineral Makeup and different maeup tips and tricks.

Monday at the crack of dawn (literally! My mom works at the airport at 3am, and my flight is the first flight out on her airline United Airlines), I’ll be heading to sunny LA. My trip entails seeing one of my dearest friends Carrie Stevens, and having the honor of doing makeup on some pretty fabulous women for her online “Green” fashion magazine Envi-Image (www.greenyourimage.com) . Carrie’s photo shoot this time will feature Celebrity Apprentice’s BRANDE RODERICK, the gorgeous and very smart blonde still in the running to win.

I’ll also be learning about a hot new organic spray tan system by Spray de Sole, which is going to be a new service we offer at our Corporate Boutique in Buffalo, NY. One of aspects of my training is to learn it well enough to come back and train my staff, so I’ll have to spray tan several women. In this case, they happen to be playmates, which is always a blast working with them. I’m excited to get the hands on experience, especially because sometimes I miss doing the services I used to do for years when I was a salon owner and stylist.
Amidst all that, Carrie and I are working together on a fabulous project that will be released later this year, so we’ll be brainstorming on that project, and simply hanging out. I will really miss my two boys, but it will be great to be around Carrie’s son, who’s the same age as my little guy Danny, so it will soften the sting a little bit. I’ve never been away from my boys more than a few days!

Soooo, about that Mice playing while the Cat’s away thing……

My fabulous 2 right hands Kelly and Kristen decided to turn playing into planning! My girls Kelly and Kristen totally rock…..because they’re planning a fun open house event in our Boutique, inviting all their friends and family while I’m away. This is no small feat, because I am always there for any/all big events! All I can say is if they can do this, they can do anything! And I know that they’ll do great!

One of the great hilites of the event is something we started early this year called THROW-N-GLOW, it’s a great WIN-WIN for everyone! How it works is, when people try our products they love them, and sometimes it’s right after they bought all new makeup products from another brand. So, at our boutique, we have our clients bring in the makeup they are currently using and we show them how to evaluate their safety on the SKIN DEEP DATA BASE. Any products that they find are toxic or they would rather use Ferro Cosmetics Mineral Makeup, they THROW into our toxic wasteland garbage can, which gives them a 20% discount on a Ferro replacement product, and then GLOW with their new Ferro Cosmetics products! But, the very best part, is for every product THROWN, we donate brand new Ferro Cosmetics mineral makeup to the Haven House shelter for women and children escaping domestic violence. Makeup is truly the fastest way to feel confident, and it’s also a luxury many women can’t afford, especially during hard times. Ferro Cosmetics, and especially myself personally, is very passionate about stopping domestic violence, and it’s a topic that is very close to home. We’re eventually hoping to bring this program to our website, or something very similar.

So, if you’re within the Buffalo area, stop in this week, or come to the event this Friday evening for some great specials and a great girl’s night out! Sign up for the newsletter to receive our specials this week online at www.ferrocosmetics.com. For questions, comments or inquiries, call 716-741-1405, or email info@ferrocosmetics.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment